Here’s a simple to make but deliciously unique pasta salad that combines fresh dill with shrimp in a flavorful dressing. Add your favorite chopped raw vegetables for extra color and crunch.
Ingredients (for 6 persons)
- 1/2 pound fusilli, rotelle (wagon wheel) or other medium pasta shape
- 1 pound large shrimp (26 to 30 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh dill
(Preparation time: 20 mins; cooking time: 40 mins)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until tender, about 13 minutes, adding shrimp and edamame in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and cool under cold running water, then drain thoroughly.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Add pasta, shrimp, edamame, spinach and dill and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 day.
Per Serving: 360 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 41g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 27g protein.
Inside Cooking Ep 114: Dilled Shrimp Salad Recipe
Do you have a story to tell or is there something you think we should follow up on this article? … Send your stories and comments to [email protected]