Easy to make, delicious, and roasted to perfection, this excellent roasted carrot and mushroom recipe makes a perfect side dish for your dinner table on any occasion.
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 1/4 cup (50ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 bunches (375g each) baby (Dutch) carrots, peeled and trimmed, leaving 1.5cm stalk
- 1 bunch (375g) baby purple carrots, peeled, halved and trimmed, leaving 1.5cm stalk
- 400g Swiss Brown Mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (40g) roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup (10g) mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
(Preparation time: 10 mins; cooking time: 35 mins)
Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Combine maple syrup, oil, vinegar and chilli in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Place carrots in a large roasting pan, drizzle with 2 tablespoons maple syrup mixture and toss to combine. Roast 10 minutes.
Add mushrooms and hazelnuts on a baking tray. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup mixture and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until purple carrots are tender.
Combine yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle yoghurt dressing over carrots and serve with mint leaves
Be sure to check out the recipe video on YouTube for more useful tips on the recipe!
Inside Cooking Ep 133: Maple Roasted Mushroom and Carrot Salad
Do you have a story to tell or is there something you think we should follow up on this article? … Send your stories and comments to [email protected]