Perfectly seasoned beans are balanced by the fresh flavors of avocado, lettuce, and tomato for a healthier version of a fast-food favorite. Kick up the heat with your favorite hot sauce!
Ingredients (for 4 tacos)
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added pinto beans (about 3 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 1/2 avocados thinly sliced
Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook until beginning to stick to the skillet, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in 1/2 cup broth and continue to cook until onion is translucent and very tender 6 to 8 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low, add beans and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes.
Mash beans with a potato masher. Stir in remaining broth, cumin, pepper, and salt.
Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water or more broth as needed for desired consistency.
Per serving: 420 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 64g carbohydrates (20g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 14g protein.
Be sure to check out the recipe video on YouTube for more useful tips on the recipe!
Inside Cooking Ep 157: Refried Bean and Avocado Soft Tacos
Avez-vous une histoire à raconter ou y a-t-il quelque chose que vous pensez que nous devrions donner suite à cet article? … Envoyez vos histoires et commentaires à [email protected]