The base for Vegan Caesar Dressing is simple, 6-ingredient, 5-minute dressing is hummus. It creates a creamy, savory base… The perfect dressing on hearty salads.
Ingredients (For 8 servings)
- 1/4 cup plain hummus (store-bought or DIY)
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tablespoons capers (finely minced/smashed, plus 3 tablespoons bringing juice as original recipe is written- adjust the amount if altering batch size)
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (4-5 cloves yield ~3 tablespoons minced)
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt + pepper (more to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (optional // for added creaminess)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
(Preparation time: 5 mins; cooking time: 5 mins)
To a small mixing bowl, add hummus, spicy mustard, lemon zest + juice, minced capers + bringing juice, and minced garlic, and whisk thoroughly to combine. Olive oil is optional but will add a bit more creaminess.
Add a little hot water to thin until pourable and whisk until creamy and smooth (see photo). Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper, lemon juice, or minced garlic if desired! Maple syrup will help offset how salty and briney this dressing is if you find you need it (I did not).
Use immediately, or store in the refrigerator up to 5-7 days.
This dressing is delicious on kale, romaine, and arugula. It would also be great on roasted vegetables, especially Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Top with a little vegan parmesan cheese for the ultimate Caesar salad experience.
Be sure to check out the recipe video on YouTube for more useful tips on the recipe!
Inside Cooking Ep 174: Vegan Caesar Dressing
Avez-vous une histoire à raconter ou y a-t-il quelque chose que vous pensez que nous devrions donner suite à cet article? … Envoyez vos histoires et commentaires à [email protected]