This recipe is a great version of the classic Spanish gazpacho. This simple, chilled Spanish soup is super refreshing and bursting. Crumbled boiled egg (in option) could make a tasty garnish.
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1kg ripe plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 75g stale crusty white bread, chopped
- 2–2½ tablespoons sherry vinegar, or to taste
(Preparation time: 45 mins; cooking time: 1h45 mins)
Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, garlic and spring onions in a large bowl. Add the bread and season well with salt and pepper. Add the sherry vinegar and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and mix together with your hands, pressing down to squeeze out the juices.
Cover and chill. Leave to marinade for at least 30 mins or overnight.
Put the vegetable mixture into a blender and whiz until smooth. Check the consistency. If it is still rather thick and not very rich, add another glug or two of olive oil until you reach a consistency you like. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. You might need a little more vinegar.
Cover and chill again, until really cold and you’re ready to serve.
Inside Cooking Ep 35: Gazpacho
Avez-vous une histoire à raconter ou y a-t-il quelque chose que vous pensez que nous devrions donner suite à cet article? … Envoyez vos histoires et commentaires à [email protected]