Spice up your parties with these hearty, dude-pleasing nachos, bursting with flavor. The combination of the crunchy tortilla chips with the spicy buffalo chicken and the cool blue cheese dressing make the perfect accompaniment to a cold beverage. Nachos never tasted this good.
Ingredients (for 6 persons)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing, divided
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (13 ounces) package restaurant-style white corn tortilla chips
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 4 ounces precooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
(Preparation time: 20 mins; cooking time: 10 mins)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Mix about 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing, cayenne pepper sauce, and butter in a bowl until well blended. Add chicken; toss to coat.
Spread tortilla chips evenly over the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tomato, olives, onion, and jalapeno peppers over chips. Spread chicken mixture over vegetables and top with crumbled bacon.
Combine Mexican cheese blend and Monterey Jack cheese in a bowl; sprinkle evenly over chicken and tortilla chip mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing and top with cilantro.
Per Serving: 672 calories; 47.8 g fat; 35.6 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 90 mg cholesterol; 1531 mg sodium.
Inside Cooking Ep 46: Kickin’ Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Do you have a story to tell or is there something you think we should follow up on this article? … Send your stories and comments to [email protected]