Oven Baked Jambalaya is easily made in the oven, this classic and flavorful Creole dish will surely impress your guests. A pot of rice loaded with meats, seafood, tomatoes, and more amazing flavor… that will make everyone happy.
Ingredients (for 16 persons)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning blend
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham
- 3 cups cooked Andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups frozen cooked shrimp
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
(Preparation time: 45 mins; cooking time: 2h)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt butter in a large stockpot. Saute onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic until tender, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add tomato paste and cook to brown slightly, stirring constantly. Stir in bay leaves, Creole seasoning blend and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into a large roasting pan. Squeeze tomatoes to break up into pieces, and add to mixture in pan. Stir in juice from tomatoes, chicken stock, ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp, and rice. Mix well. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, stirring once halfway through baking time. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Per Serving: 541 calories; 25.8 g fat; 47.6 g carbohydrates; 28.5 g protein; 125 mg cholesterol; 1858 mg sodium.
Inside Cooking Ep 58: Oven Baked Jambalaya
Avez-vous une histoire à raconter ou y a-t-il quelque chose que vous pensez que nous devrions donner suite à cet article? … Envoyez vos histoires et commentaires à [email protected]