Enjoy the flavors of pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast in this quick and easy to make oatmeal recipe! It’s not only super healthy but this comes together in just 25 minutes.
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 1 (14-ounce) can pumpkin puree (the unseasoned kind)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or water
- 2 tablespoons raisins (golden or regular)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice OR 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon plus 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom plus 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal (not the instant kind)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Honey or maple sugar, for serving
- Heavy cream, for serving
(Preparation time: 10 mins; cooking time: 25 mins)
In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the pumpkin puree, water, milk, raisins, salt, and pumpkin pie spice (alternative spices). Bring to a boil.
Add the oatmeal. Turn the heat down and cook according to your oatmeal instructions; mine usually takes about 15 minutes. Stir often.
Meanwhile, in a small cast iron skillet over medium heat, toast the pepitas until they’re fragrant and a gentle golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Once the oatmeal is cooked (each grain should be tender), serve with honey or maple sugar on the side, pepitas to sprinkle on top, and cream if people like it more like porridge.
Per serving: Calories 288, Saturated Fat 1.4g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 74.1mg, Total Carbohydrate 38.5g, Dietary Fiber 5.1g, Sugars 16g, Protein 5.6g
Inside Cooking Ep 67: Pumpkin Oatmeal
Avez-vous une histoire à raconter ou y a-t-il quelque chose que vous pensez que nous devrions donner suite à cet article? … Envoyez vos histoires et commentaires à [email protected]